Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter and Spring Decorating

I spent Wednesday putting away my St. Patrick's Day decor and getting out my spring decorations and Easter decorations. I'm still tweaking some areas, but the mantel and table are done...at least for now!
Last week I posted about the boxwood topiary I currently have on one end of the mantel. Adjacent to the topiary you'll find a small stack of vintage books from my mother's childhood (Nancy Drew, I think!) topped with a ceramic bird candle holder. At the other end I have an apothecary jar filled with twig balls (I think I bought those from Target last year) and there are two bunnies (from JoAnn Fabric) perched near the base.
As an aside, the art work on the wall is made from scrapbook paper and MDF--inexpensive and effective! Click here for more info! I didn't distress it or anything!
My children are in love with these bunnies I use in my decor each year. There is a girl bunny and a boy bunny, so of course they've named the bunnies after themselves. They like to have the bunnies on the table positioned in front of their chairs so they can watch the bunnies while they eat. This year I switched things up and added the container of carrots to the table.
I love these carrots! I bought them this year at Pier One and wasn't quite sure how I would use them, but I just couldn't pass them up. I ended up popping them into an apothecary jar and just leaving the lid off the jar since they were too tall for the jar. It works for me and they make me smile. A jar full of carrots isn't exactly my usual type of table decor, but I'm liking it.
Hopefully over the weekend I'll have the chance to finish up my decorating! I can't believe it already is April! (Update: I finished my decorating!)

Linking to: Spring Mantel Party at The Stories of A to Z

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Oh my word! I love your new carrots! I am going to run right out to Pier One and buy some! I bought runaway bunnies there a few years ago and I enjoy getting them out every year!

Hope you have a great weekend! Happy spring!

Karri said...

I love the carrots, too, and think I need to run and get some for my kitchen!
I also need to convince my mom to give me all her Nancy Drew books. They'd look better in my house than in her desk drawer.

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

I have featured you before, but looking through my files just now I found something else to use of yours. I hope it's ok. Thanks so much!
Allison
www.room-mom101.blogspot.com