Friday, January 9, 2009

Puzzles

Edit: If you're visiting from No Time for Flashcards, welcome! I'm happy you're here and I hope you'll come visit the rest of my blog! Please let me know that you visited!

I have a little boy who adores puzzles. His sister likes puzzles, but he LOVES them. He would do puzzles all day if I let him. Unfortunately my budget cannot keep up with his appetite for puzzles--and we have a LOT of puzzles! Sooo, I decided to make him some puzzles and he loves them!!

I took a bunch of food boxes, cut the fronts off and then cut those into pieces...voila! Instant puzzles!
These puzzles don't have a lot of pieces (although the Costco size box of Cheerios does have a bunch!) but they provide a challenge to him because the pieces don't "lock" together as nicely as store-bought puzzles.
At any rate, my children enjoy them and find it highly amusing to do the "waffle" puzzle and the "cracker" puzzle.

12 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Those cupcake pops look so yummy! I would love to have one right now! Welcome back to blogging, too! :) And great idea with the puzzles!
Carrie

Allie said...

Love it- thanks for sharing it, I am posting it tomorrow in a Sent in By You post!

Sandy said...

I make these too. They are great and with 5 kids I have an endless supply of cereal boxes:)

The Bertone's said...

Cute idea! My son loves puzzles too! :) Thanks for the idea.

Vone said...

great idea - here from no time for flashcards

Tanya said...

Hi! I'm here visiting from Allie's blog NTFFC. Just wanted to say that I have been doing this for a few months now and my 2 year old daughter LOVES them, too! I never throw away used food boxes anymore. ;) My daughter likes the Goldfish cracker box the best!

Summer said...

GREAT IDEA! I'm going to have to give this a try!

PS - I came from No Time For Flash Cards!

atelierlemlem said...

What a lovely idea! I have such a fanatic puzzler at home too, so this will come handy! You can use postcards too..

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mama Lieveheersbeestje.

Barbara said...

Hi.. I came over by way of Allie's blog.
I love these puzzles in my kindergarten room...
They are great for Environmental Print too.
What a great project for young mom’s and Early Readers.
I can't wait to look at the rest of your site:)
Barbara

Kara said...

Great idea - visiting from No Time for Flashcards...just might have to borrow this one:) Thanks!

Amy Jo said...

Great idea! I can't wait to try this out later today!

Anonymous said...

hi there! Great Great idea though, here from NTFFC.
Just wantd to know if u have any recommendation/review for store bought puzzles for toddlers/preschoolers.
Once again thx