Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall Decorating

Before we left for our Disneyland trip (yes, we're there right now!) I put out most of my fall decorations. It was a good way to put off packing and I was getting tired of the summer decorations. And, as always, I ended up rearranging stuff and turning a medium project into a big project!
This little spot on top of the bookcase in my dining room (we're a wee bit short on space here!) looks SO much better now. It used to house some of our art supplies. Supplies that were supposed to stay inside the baskets...obviously that didn't work so well! I've moved the art supplies into the freshly painted black dresser that I'm using as a sofa table (pictures of that next week!) and now the top of the bookcase is available for decorating!
Much better, don't you think! I'm not 100% thrilled with this arrangement. I like the jars, but I'm "eh" on the basket. I have mini gourds in two of the jars and fall leaves (fake, of course!) in the third jar. The leaves look better in real life--not so squished. Anyhow, originally I had the jars centered on top of the bookcase (no basket) and then I looked around my house and realized just how often I do a grouping of three...it is rather insane! I need to start expanding my horizons beyond the number three! So, I tried to break out of my rut...but I didn't really have anything else in a large enough scale to put up on top of this very tall bookcase--so I stuck my Halloween treat basket up there. It'll do for now.

8 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

It does look much better! Now what can we find to put in that basket??? I love those glass holders...they are so fun! I may put a fall ribbon around the tops of those glass holders.

Have a blessed day!
-Sandy toes

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Hope you are having a great time at Disney World. Your glass jars are very pretty. I have a few spots like that to work on today. Jackie

Shannon said...

I love it! I like the jars with the basket. If you move the basket I would put the jars in the middle of the bookcase. But I like it how it is!

Mrs. B said...

The jars look great! I've got to find some of those really tiny gourds to fit in my apothecary jars too. Hope you're having fun at Disneyland!

Weeksie50 said...

I hope you are having a blast a Disney World. I love that place..
and what a nice time to be there.. I bet the weather is beautiful..
It is here in Oklahoma..

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Bravo on the bird cage & the beautiful apathocaries.
Great jov,
M.L.

Unknown said...

I like your jars with fall like things inside of them! It looks great! :)

Have fun in Disneyland! :)

Our Complete Family said...

It looks so cute! Can't wait to see the sofa table you talked about!!!