Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Girly Bedroom

Today on Talk About Tuesday over at the Lazy Organizer, it is a home tour where people pick one space in their house to talk about. Without further ado, here is the bedroom my little princess sleeps in. It is pink and green and very girly--I love it and so does she!

Her white four poster bed was my bed when I was growing up and I just love that. Her name is done with wall letters along the length of her bed (not pictured) and then I'm planning on doing a rag garland on the wall at the head of her bed.


You'll notice there aren't a lot of toys in her room, mostly it is books. The children spend most of their time playing downstairs, so that is where the toys mostly are located. However we have a LOT of children's books so those are spread throughout the bedrooms as well as downstairs.
Her dollhouse bookcase and traditional bookcases are from Target and I love them! When she is older, we'll probably replace the dollhouse bookcase with a desk. Her long dresser is one that we bought for her before she was born. When she was a baby we had a changing pad on it, but now it is pretty empty. We still have a diaper pail in her room because it makes a great garbage can that her little brother can't open! Oh and yes, those are some of her bows to the right of the window--she has more inside the big basket on her bookshelf.
Our long range plan for the house includes replacing all of the oak hollowcore doors with white six panel doors--but for now we have oak. I am so NOT an oak person!
I love my Dutalier glider! I used it all the time when Princess was a baby and she's still rocked in it every night before bedtime. Handsome has an identical one in his bedroom--someday my husband and I intend to reclaim them and use them for ourselves (that's why they match and are in a neutral fabric).
No photo tour of this room is complete without a look at the chandelier! I looked all over before I found this one and I *love* it! It is so over-the-top girly! When I first took it out of the box I was worried it was *too* girly, but it really works in this room and my daughter loves it!

10 comments:

Rae said...

Precious! I too have a chandelier in my girl's room. I think it is the crowning piece of the room!

Sal Gal said...

Oh my goodness. This is the cutest room ever! I love the chandelier. We have that same bookcase, but my girls use it to play dollhouse, so it is not very useful for books. Did you paint the walls?

Veggiemomof2 said...

That room looks like it should be IN a dollhouse! Adorable & so fitting for a princess.

Shannon said...

So cute!! I love the pink and green color combo and that chandelier is gorgeous!!

Kayren said...

I love what you've done with this room! The paint stripes (how long did that take?!), the bookcases, glider, chandelier, everything...well, except I agree about the closet door. My girls are too old for anything like this now. They had a pink room in our last house and we put those hanging rings with netting above their beds, and put a pink one inside a white one to soften the pink (used fishing line to *sew* them together). It was a super girly touch when we couldn't do much else. You did a fantastic job!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for visiting me today! I am loving this post, and the room. Can you tell me... are those walls painted? Or is that wall paper??

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Thank you all for the compliments. Yes, the walls are painted--it was a lot of measuring and taping off!

~ Sarah

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a wonderful room! I would love to know how your organize the toys downstairs.. I think I like that plan. Then maybe my Boys could find their beds!

Lara said...

So cute! You've done such a good job. Once you get the doors replaced it will be perfect!!

The Masked Mommy said...

This is a~dor~a~ble!!! I love it! It's so girly! (I love your blog. I have to keep clicking to see what else is here :-) And I'm also a Catholic mom!